The drugs education sessions are the main focus of the programme, we aim to educate all pupils from Year 7 onwards increasing with knowledge each year they attend secondary school.
Picture of drugs education – see attached.
The sessions are a combination of assemblies, health days and lessons to each year, it is strong belief of street Aware that education should be on-going to be the most effective in changing thoughts and behaviours of young people. The sessions cover:
- What are drugs? The reasons why people take substances and dispelling of stereotypes
- Drug types and their categories, looking at both the psychological and physical effects on an individual.
- Drug harms, exploring how substance misuse effects an individual.
- Drug impacts, discussion of how drug misuse has an impact on an individual and society (including health, wellbeing, criminal activity)
- Harm reduction information and Education
- Peer pressure resistance
- Resilience and decision making