Street Aware is a bespoke schools drug education programme founded by Sevenco Training CIC, specially designed to raise awareness of the dangers of substance misuse (including new drugs/legal highs) to young people whilst also encompassing vital harm reduction messages throughout. The programme is aimed at young people from the age of 12 years old and onwards. Sevenco Training was co-founded by Donna Williamson and Richard Smith when a member of Richard’s family became addicted to New psychoactive substances or ‘legal highs; to you and me. Richard wanted to ensure all agencies and individuals were aware of the dangers of not only NPS but substance misuse as a whole in order to prevent harm to individuals and their families.
Street Aware's aims and beliefs are:
- To raise awareness of the dangers of substance misuse (including new drugs/legal highs) to young people and to provide vital harm reduction messages in an educational setting to reduce risky behaviour.
- To engage with parents to help them understand the dangers of substance misuse and feel comfortable having conversations with their children
- Train designated Teachers to ensure they feel confident tackling substance misuse and support those that require help.
- Ensure our services are current and relevant, keeping up-to-date with the latest trends in substance misuse. Dispelling the myths and be 'Street'.
- Work with a wide range of agencies to ensure sign-posting to local services for specialist, long-term on-going support for substance misuse.
- Educate. Prevent. Make a difference. Save lives.
Providing high quality, non-judgemental to those who work with or have been affected by substance misuse/addiction to educate, prevent harm and make a difference by working together to save lives.